Monday, December 05, 2005

Its Monday and I am wiped already.

I need to spew. It's only Monday and I am already wiped. Have no really good reason. I guess the end of term can do that to you. It has been a rough one for me, though the teaching has not been overly demanding (I only taught 2 courses this term, compared to my regular 3, Let's hope this trend continues). So why has the term been so hard? Idle time leads to thinking, too much thinking...

I have been trying to suss out whether or not I am doing anything productive lately, and have come to the conclusion that I really have not. Oh, I am doing my job satisfactorially and all that. Got two papers published this year. Have 5 conferences lined up for the spring, and another 2 papers on their way out the door. Teaching has hopefully gone relatively smoothly (I guess I need to wait on my teaching reviews to see for sure). But none of this really means anything. Nothing life changing, nothing useful even. I need to change something.

No comments: