Monday, January 23, 2006

Election Day...

Geeze - what a great topic. I could write about elections all night. Why? Because this election has me infuriated and I like to spew about things that piss me off.

Before I go any further, I apologize in advance for anything I might say tha offends anyone. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I do respect that. Still, I have to question anyone who is comfortable with their vote this January 23.

What are our options? Well, we have the Liberals. The crooked, corrupt liberals who are inept at handling a bad situation, unless you think that making it worse is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a Paul Martin fan! I had very high hopes for the guy at one time. Not any more. I get that it was hard to get anything accomplished with Stephen Harper riding his back, but still, I thought at one time at least, that PM would be the guy who could handle it - I guess not. I hate what he let Harper do to Canadian politics and let's face it - we have seen the face of our country's politics reer an ugly, ugly head and I doubt we will ever recover.

Ok, I admit, Harper may not be quite as 'Charming' as Stockwell Day, but he sure has that same 'sparkle' in his eye! So let's talk Conservatives. Apparently, we are supposed to believe that the leader of the conservative party believed in one way of life his whole life, and then changed his mind just before election time. Man, what a scary thought. Whenever I think of the conservatives in power I think back to Ontario's Harris days. That province will be forking out doe 'till the cows come home to pay off all the legal fees that they accrued as they got sued for illegal practices. And let's face it - the Cows aint coming home - mad cow disease and all.

Anyway, the thing is, bare-foot and pregnant in the kitchen, chatting with my gay neighbour who isn't allowed to get married, is no place I want to be. And I believe if our friendly conservative leader had his way, that's where he'd put me.

I guess that brings me to the NDP. While I have nothing against Jack and his gang, and rather like his wife, I can't bring myself to vote for him in fear of throwing my vote. Bad choices, worse process, awful situation - that about sums up what I think of this current election. In a word (or maybe not so much)... BLAHHHHHHHHHHH.........

No comments: